Monday, January 30, 2012

Stamping 411 Challenge

I discovered today how quick it is to make a card when you follow the challenge exactly as it is written...even the measurements are written!! I'm making an effort to use designer paper much more these days as I always buy it and then end up with tons of retired paper sitting in my stash.  I thought the Stamping 411 sketch was a great one for using up dp.  Check it out:



I quickly flipped through my current dp stash and found a few pieces of the Beau Chateau which gave me a great starting point.  And this is what I ended up with:



I really like the way it turned out.  And I did something I've never done before....not having any coordinating brads, I colored the pearls with my soft suede marker.  It certainly took a while to dry, but I really like the look!

So here's what I used:
Stamps: Thank You Kindly
Inks: Soft Suede
Paper: Marina Mist, Very Vanilla, Beau Chateau dp
Embellishments: Crumb Cake seam binding ribbon, Basic Pearls

Thanks for looking!

5 comments:

  1. LOVE the colors - this came out great Michelle!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is gorgeous! Love your colors,and your bow is awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. so soft and beautiful! Thanks for joining us this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. so pretty - love the color combination! Thanks for playing along this week at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete