Friday, January 27, 2012

Friday Mashup #43

Back again...oh it feels so good to be stamping! I needed a baby boy card for the weekend and absolutely loved my baby girl owl card so I decided to use my owl again for the this one.  As with all baby boy stuff, I don't find it quite as cute as baby girl stuff (speaking from my own experience having 2 girls and a boy) but it works.  I used the Friday Mashup Challenge to get me going:

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a project using the "Sketch".
  2. Or Make a project using "Something NEW in your stash". (Stamps, ribbon, pretty paper...anything!)
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project "using the Sketch & something NEW in your stash".
Here's my "mashup":



I definitely used the sketch. As for "something new", I had received an assortment of soft subtle designer papers as a Christmas gift so I decided to open them up and use the Bashful Blue polka dot paper on this card.  Seems strange calling it "new" since Bashful Blue cardstock has been in my stash forever, but honestly, this is the first time I have ever had a designer paper to go with it.

So here's what I used:
Stamps: Short & Sweet
Ink: Early Espresso
Paper: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, Marina Mist, Subtles Collection dp
Punches: Decorative Label, Owl Builder, Word Window
Big Shot: Perfect Details Texturz Plate

Hope you had a wonderful week!  Happy Weekend!



7 comments:

  1. Hi Michelle,

    This is too cute! I love the way your owl sits so nicely in that label, nice colour combo too.

    Thanks for sharing this cute card in our challenge.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Friday Mashup DT

    ReplyDelete
  2. What an adorable card, I love the owl!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great take on the sketch. I love owls so this is really really appealing to me. I especially think it worked so good with your clean blue and brown theme.

    Blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love the blue and brown colors together! You're going to love having that subtles pattern paper...so versatile! Thanks for playing along with the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  5. This is great Michelle! I love brown and blue together. Nice paper!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Super cute! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Such a sweet baby boy card. I love the owl! Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete