Monday, January 23, 2012

Mojo 225

Do you ever punch out shapes for something and then realize they're not going to work for what you intended?  I had three 1" squares that I had punched out, thinking I would use them in the Stamping 411 sketch challenge over the weekend.  Turns out they were too big for the sketch so they were left sitting on my desk.  To my surprise however, I open the Mojo Monday blog this morning to find this sketch:


Perfect! As long as I could find the scrap paper that I punched my 1" squares from, I could punch one more and be on my way!  Sure enough I found it, and it just barely fit a 1" square punch.  I dug out my Season of Friendship stamp set and created this card:


Here's what I used:
Stamps: Season of Friendship, Thank you Kindly
Inks: Early Espresso, Cherry Cobbler, Marina Mist
Paper: Whisper White, Marina Mist, Early Espresso, Riding Hood Red designer paper (d/c'd)
Punches: 7/8" circle, 1" square, square scallop
Big Shot: Perfect Details Texturz Plate (on Marina Mist cardstock)
Embellishments: Basic Rhinestones, Dazzling Details (on tree branches)

Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

  1. I love when things work out that way! Your card turned out fabulously as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love this stamp set and you sure created a beautiful card. You could do a set of four for the different seasons and have it be a workshop ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. LOVE this card!! Great focal point and fantastic use of the squares!! I am so glad you got to finish your cards today!! They are both great (as usual!)!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. You're on a roll! This card is great!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Very cute. I like the bird in the tree, great image.

    ReplyDelete
  6. This is adorable!! I love that sweet cupcake! Great job combining the Challenges. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete