Monday, January 23, 2012

Friday Mashup 42 & Saturday Sketch Challenge 239

Tired of my cupcakes yet?? I hope not!  For some reason when I don't know what else to make, I always reach for my Create a Cupcake stamps set or builder punch.  After making the primary color cupcake thank you's for my daughter last week, she got one more gift that needed another one.  I decided to follow this sketch from Stamping 411 Saturday Sketch Challenge:


Then, looking for more challenges to enter, I saw that the Friday Mashup was all about color choice and a technique:

So here is the "Mashup" Challenge :
  1. Make a project using "Paper Piercing".
  2. Or Make a project using the colors "Blushing Bride, Riding Hood Red & Early Espresso".
  3. Or "Mash it Up" and create a project with the "Color Combo & Paper Piercing".

And here's what I came up with:


Here's what I used:
Ink: Early Espresso, Riding Hood Red, Blushing Bride
Paper: Early Espresso, Blushing Bride, Whisper White, Riding Hood Red designer paper (d/c'd)
Stamps: Create a Cupcake
Punches: Dotted Scallop Ribbon Border, 3/4" circle, 1/2" circle
Big Shot: Square Scallop Duo

Have a great week!

11 comments:

  1. Love it!! those little hearts are so cute!! Great job with the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Michelle, Such a pretty CAS card, grogeous littl hearts on your side panel.

    Thanks for joining our challenge this week.

    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz
    Friday Mashup DT

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good enough to eat! :D This is truly delicious! Awesome job with the sketch! I'm diggin it!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Such a sweet card. Love the colors and I agree with Selene....it does look good enough to eat.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Too cute!! Thanks for playing along with us at Stamping 411!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. super cute card...luv the cupcake...thanks for playing along with us at the Friday MashUP.....I am having a huge blog candy giveaway, check it out here...
    http://paperieblooms.blogspot.com/2012/01/purge-blog-hop.html

    enjoy *~*

    ReplyDelete
  7. Love the clean lines of this card, and who the heck could get sick of cupcakes? Not me! :)

    Thanks for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the colors used for a cupcake card! Too adorable! Thanks for joining us at The Friday Mashup.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Michelle -- love this card and love the colors you used! So much fun!!! Thanks so much for playing along at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete
  10. Very cute and yummy! Great job combining challenges. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Cute, cute and did I mention? CUTE!!!!!

    ReplyDelete