Wednesday, February 8, 2012

Going "Pro" - FMS #21

When I finish a card, I usually stand it up on my bay window or kitchen table (those are the only two spots with a decent amount of natural light), snap the picture with my cell phone, and send it to my blog. However, after seeing my cabinets, countertops, random pieces of furniture, etc. in the backgrounds of my card photos, I decided to make an attempt at "going professional" with my photos today.  Let me know what you think.

It's Wednesday so here goes another attempt at a Freshly Made Sketches challenge.  Here's today's sketch:


And here are my "professional" photos:




No cabinets in these photos!!  Was trying to show the detail of the Dazzling Details in the close up but it didn't do it justice.  Oh well. 

Here's what I used:
Stamps: Packed for Birthday, Teeny Tiny Wishes
Inks: Black Staz-On, Island Indigo, Pool Party, Lucky Limeade all colored with Blender Pens
Paper: Pool Party, Island Indigo, Lucky Limeade, Basic Black
Punches: 3/4" & 7/8" circle punches
Embellishments/Techniques: non-SU! black stick ons, Dazzling Details (on balloons) Spotlight Technique

Thanks for looking!

8 comments:

  1. Great job on the sketch. love the spotlighting, and the simple clean lines.

    I am a portrait photographer, and I cannot take a decent pic of my cards!! so frustrating!! LOL....but I can tell you to get as close to the window as possible :) i think you did a great job!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle....Great card! Love the spotlighted circle!
    Your photo turned out great too (as far as taking close up shots....I usually change my camera settings to macro and that seems to help me.)

    ReplyDelete
  3. This came out great Michelle! Nice job on teh sketch! I think your new pro photography skills work! I thought your other pics were good too though!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your photo is great and I love the spotlight! Cute card!

    ReplyDelete
  5. First I love the balloon spotlight on your card! And second, the photo looks great. Very professional! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Fabulous .... love the spotlighting technique, and yes great photograph!
    Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches this week!

    ReplyDelete
  7. So cute! Fun colors and I love the spotlight on the one image!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a fun way to use the spotlighting technique! I love your take on the sketch. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete