Friday, February 3, 2012

Freshly Made Sketches #20

When I first saw this week's challenge at Freshly Made Sketches, I didn't know if I would participate.  In honor of the SUPERBOWL this weekend (Go Pats!!) they are "going long" with the sketch. The odd card size threw me off because I wouldn't have any envelopes to match.   But I looked at it again this morning and decided, if I can put square cards in rectangle envelopes, I can certainly put these skinny cards in a regular card envelope!  I actually found some 4 1/2 x 6 3/4 envelopes left over from my Christmas photo cards so I decided to make a 6 1/2 x 3 card to fit inside.  Check out this sketch:


And I almost forgot!!  Has anyone ever woke up dreaming of stamping? I know, sounds crazy.  But I was so excited to get some new stuff yesterday and couldn't wait to start playing.  I actually woke up today thinking how pretty Always Artichoke and Concord Crush would be.  So this is what I made:


Here's what I used:
Stamps: Teeny Tiny Wishes, Triple Treat Flower
Ink: Always Artichoke, Whisper White
Paper: Concord Crush, Always Artichoke, Whisper White, In Color 2010-2012 dp hostess pack
Embellishments: Always Artichoke Seam Binding Ribbon, Artichoke button (from really old Regals buttons pack)

Hope you like it!

7 comments:

  1. Oh I am so happy you decided to go long with us because this is one pretty card! I love that colour combo and the clean lines of your card!! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. These colors are great together! Love the ruffled ribbon!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Wow ... would never have thought to pair these two colours together ... what a fabulously clean card, love that ruffled ribbon too!
    Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great card! I love when I dream up some ideas; it is always so fun to wake up and put them into action. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love when crafters use the ribbon like this. I love this card. The colors are fabulous together.

    ReplyDelete
  6. These are pretty together! That ribbon is gorgeous! Glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Funny, I think I get some of my best ideas when I'm dreaming! I love that you paired Concord Crush and Always Artichoke. They look great together. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete