Saturday, September 24, 2011

Friday Mashup Challenge #25

My husband and I are visiting with good friends tonight and we are finally getting to see their new home. So even though they haven't exactly "just moved", we are offering them congratulations and are super excited to see it!  With that said, I came up with a card inspired by this Friday Mashup sketch:

MUG25
The great thing about The Friday Mashup is that you have your choice of how you want to participate.  For example, this week you could follow the sketch above, make a manly card, or "mash it up" and do both.  Without many of the shapes in the sketch, I did my best to substitute which is another great thing about these challenges - you follow it the best you can with what you have.  I also dug out my pickup truck again (this is definitely my "go to" set for manly cards).  What do you think?



Here's what I used:
Stamps: Loads of Love, Loads of Love Accessories, Delightful Dozen
Inks: Not Quite Navy, Early Espresso
Paper: Crumb Cake, Early Espresso, River Rock, Very Vanilla, Well Worn dp
Punches: Circles - 3/4",  1" , 1 1/4"
Embellishments: 1/8" Early Espresso ribbon, watercolor pencils + blender pen, dimensionals


6 comments:

  1. Wow Michelle - you outdid yourself this time! This is a great card. It's so well balanced and clean. I especially love that Well Worn DSP - my new fave. Your friends are sure to love it too! Great job with the sketch.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is a fantastic card! And yes, even though you didnt use the exact shape the sketch can totally be seen in this card.

    I love Loads of Love, its one of my favorite sets and you used it wonderfully here, plus I love the colors and DSP you used!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  3. We love to see it when you make it your own! This came out great, I love that truck set.. Mine is so stained lol. I'm going to need to break that out again here soon. Great color combo as well for your card. Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup this week.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Michelle, that's what the challenge is all about, as long as you can recognise the sketch, you can substitute what you DO have on hand. I love your take on my sketch it's fabulous!

    So glad to see you plaing along with us again at the Friday Mashup.
    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Awesome job with the sketch Michelle, love the clean lines and the DSP strip. So very cute! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Great card - love that little truck and how you arranged the words. Thanks for joining in the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete