Thursday, September 8, 2011

Freshly Made Sketches - FMS1

It's been a crazy week around here with school starting so not much stamping going on...not even sneaky stamping.  Then I got the word that Freshly Made Sketches posted their first challenge today and I had to try it out.  Here's their sketch:

We are looking for clean-lined creations but unlike Clean and Simple challenges, we encourage lots of detail and embellishments as long as they maintain a "clean" look to your card.



And here's what I came up with:

Here's what I used:
Stamps: Delightful Dozen
Inks: Early Espresso, River Rock (sponge edge of circle behind button)
Paper: River Rock cs, Early Espresso cs, Well Worn dp
Embellishments: pewter brads (non-SU), linen thread, designer buttons neutrals
Punches: 7/8" circle, 1" circle
Techniques: crimper

6 comments:

  1. Such a lovely, neutral color palette. You must be a girl after my own heart! The button looks terrific layered on the cardstock and the crimped layer is perfect. Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches. I hope you'll be back!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Perfect thank you card! What a great way to use the sketch and I am with Jen, love the button and the crimping! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!!
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  3. I love how River Rock looks behind that DSP! I never know how to use that color and you did it perfectly! The crimping adds great texture to your design !

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thanks so much for the inspiration from this one. I just got River Rock and a crimper this week! :) Great neutral thank you card to have on hand! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Wow Michelle - this card rocks!! I love the clean look. River rock is one of my most favorite colors evah!! This is a great take on the sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a great card Michelle - the clean lines, neutral colours and simple textures, all the makings for a fabulous thank you card - female and male alike!!!
    Thank you for joining us in our debut challenge at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete