Thursday, September 15, 2011

Freshly Made Sketches #2 - FMS2

It's challenge time again!  Today's sketch is from the new Freshly Made Sketches blog.


My grandfather's 82nd birthday is this weekend so I decided to make this card for him.  He used to drive a truck so I thought I'd dig out the Loads of Love pickup for him.  This is what I came up with:


Here's what I used:
Stamps: Loads of Love, Loads of Love Accessories
Ink: Cajun Craze, Early Espresso, Not Quite Navy
Paper: River Rock, Early Espresso, Cajun Craze, Well Worn dp
Punches: 1", 1 1/4", 1 3/8" circle punches
Techniques: sponging edges, watercoloring with blender pen

8 comments:

  1. Love that truck! The new Well Worn DSP looks great with it - he'll love the card! So glad you joined us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a great card for your grandfather! Loads of Love is such a perfect set for masculine cards; love it paired with the Well Worn DSP! Thanks so much for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches.

    ReplyDelete
  3. How adorable! He will love this sweet card! 82! What a milestone! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Oh my gosh! What a perfect birthday card for your grandfather! The truckload of presents is so cute! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I've always had a secret crush on that stamp set. I'm sure your grandfather will get a big kick out of this card! Thanks for joining us at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete
  6. What a super masculine card .... and oh so perfect for your Grandfather, I am sure he will love it to bits!
    Thank you for joining us this week at Freshly Made Sketches!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job with the coloring and shading!!! What a great entry!! I know your grandfather loved his card!

    ReplyDelete
  8. What a great card for your grandfather! He'll love it for sure.

    ReplyDelete