Saturday, August 27, 2011

PPA108 - Take the Edge Off

This week's challenge was a little different...no actual sketch to follow.  Just this for guidance:

PPA108-CAS-Elements of Style-Soften the Edges

Ppa pic 
Life gets a bit rough now and then and sometimes you need to soften the edges.  Pals Paper Arts challenges you to do just that this week!  Create a CAS card and round some corners - or adorn some corners.......whatever you need to do to take the edge off!

While the rest of the family played a long...very long...game of Monopoly (waiting for the arrival of Hurricane Irene), I sat out and created this card for the challenge:


I like black and white for CAS (clean & simple) cards and the elegant Finial Press embossing folder screams "wedding" to me.  I'll be passing this card on to my mom so she can use it for an upcoming wedding. Hope you like it.

Here's what I used:
Stamps: Triple Treat Flower
Ink: Black Staz-On
Paper: Whisper White, Basic Black, Glossy White (flower)
Punches: corner rounder, Fancy Flower, 3/4" circle, 1/2" circle
Embellishments: Black Satin Ribbon, Finial Press embossing folder, Basic Rhinestone Jewels
Techniques: pleated ribbon on sticky strip


2 comments:

  1. I adore the richness of your card! Very classy and elegant! Thanks for playing at Pals Paper Arts!

    ReplyDelete