Friday, August 26, 2011

The Friday Mashup #21

I stumbled upon this challenge this morning and the simple sketch caught my eye.  With not much time for stamping today, I knew I would have to sneak away to get this card done.  However with one child napping and the other two occupied with friends, the simple design took no time!  Here's the Friday Mashup Challenge:

So here is how we are "MASHING IT UP" this week
  1. Create a project using the provided "Sketch".
  2. or Create a project that has a "Dry Embossing on it".
  3. or "Mash it Up!" and create a card using the "Sketch with Dry Embossing".
Had to make this a birthday card since my daughter is going to a party tomorrow.  She told me the birthday girl's favorite color is green so she picked the dp to use on the front.  She let me add Melon Mambo...and the cupcake punch of course!  Here's what I came up with:


Here's what I used:
Stamps: Create a Cupcake
Ink: Chocolate Chip, Melon Mambo
Paper: Crumb Cake, Chocolate Chip, Melon Mambo, Old Olive, retired dp (Tart n Tangy I think), Whisper White
Punches: Cupcake Builder, Word Window, Modern Label, 1 3/4"Scallop Circle
Embellishments: Perfect Polka Dots embossing folder, Pearls, Stampin' Dimensionals

7 comments:

  1. This is adorable! Love the color scheme and that cupcake is yummy! Glad you joined us this week at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Too stinkin cute! Glad Courtney gave in on the pink - it adds a nice pop of color! I just might have to try this challenge too!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great card! I love the piece of Old Olive with the Choc Chip and Melon Mambo. That cupcake looks delicious!

    Thanks so much for playing along with us at The Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  4. HI Michelle, I'm so glad you stumbled across the Friday Mashup and I hope you'll be back to play! This is such a cute birthday card for a little girl without being too over the top girly, (which is what I tend to do..LOL) Nice use of the cup cake punch over the scalloped circle.
    Cheers,
    Kasey ~ in Oz

    ReplyDelete
  5. Love it!! Great color combo.... That cupcake is perfect for a girl birthday card! I love the theme of your blog too, sneaky stampin' I still have to sneak in my stampin' time these days. So glad you found us, and thanks for joining us this week at the Friday Mashup!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Oh my word! This is stinkin' cute! Love the warm colours! Thanks for joining us at the Friday Mashup.
    Smiles,
    Lesley

    ReplyDelete
  7. Perfect card for a girl's birthday. That cupcake is so sweet!

    ReplyDelete