Thursday, August 2, 2012

Right on Time for FMS46 :)

FINALLY!  I got a card done in time for a challenge! Granted, I'm still working on getting the creative juices flowing, but I'm getting there!

I saw this sketch at Freshly Made Sketches yesterday morning and the simplicity of it grabbed my attention.


No need for fancy cutting or measuring.  Just my Top Note Die, my new Bitty Banners (yay!), and a fancy edge.  I still had some scraps on my desk from my last stamp club (which was WAY back in June!) so I decided to incorporate those as well.  Here's what I came up with:



Not sure if you can tell, but I sprayed the Top Note with my new Stampin' Spritzer. I used Certainly Celery reinker mixed with a little water.  I've seen on other blogs that more people are using rubbing alcohol so I may try that next time.  The paper curled a bit from the water so I'm curious to see if the same happens with the alcohol.  Anyone know? 

Here's what I used:
Stamps: Embellished Events, Itty Bitty Banners
Ink: Gumball Green, Primrose Petals, Raspberry Ripple
Paper: Gumball Green, Primrose Petals, Whisper White
Punches: Ornament, Scallop Trim Border, 1/2" circle, Top Note (Big Shot), Bitty Banners framelits (Big Shot)
Embellishments: Basic Pearls, Stampin' Spritzer




5 comments:

  1. Love your vase! Such a sweet card! Glad you joined us this week at FMS!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So pretty! I love the subtle color from the spritzer. I can't really answer your question about the water vs. alcohol in the spritzer, but I suspect that you won't see the same curling effect with alcohol. Alcohol dries much faster than water and I think it's the relatively long open time with water that causes the paper to curl.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Look at you with the new toys!! Great card Michelle. I've used the alcohol and like Jen said, I think it has a lot to do with drying timne. Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Love those popped up flowers and those itty bitty pearls. Thanks for playing along with this week's sketch!

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a cute card! Jen is correct :) The alcohol dies very quickly with no curling. I love the effect you got with the spritzing! Thanks for playing at Freshly Made Sketches!

    ReplyDelete