Monday, March 19, 2012

Back to Stampin' for SSC247

Wow.  It's been quite a while since my last post.  For anyone who works in a school, you know how crazy report card season is.  As a therapist I'm lucky in that I don't have to do report cards for a classroom of 20 something kids. Instead I have the pleasure of writing progress notes on the 20 something kids that I work with.  Sprinkle in a couple of evaluations, and voila....a recipe for lots of paperwork at home and no time for fun.  But it all ended on Friday!  :)


My first stop this morning was at Stamping 411 to see what the Saturday Sketch Challenge was.  This is what I found:


I just found out that a couple of friends are expecting, so I thought my cards today would be for them.  Here's what I came up with:



I originally just had the flower but was feeling like it needed a little something in the top left to balance out the button in the bottom right.  I decided to add the butterfly.  Not sure that the placement was quite what I was looking for.  Thoughts, anyone?




Here's what I used:
Stamps: Because I Care (retired), Teeny Tiny Wishes
Inks: Pool Party, Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo
Paper: Lucky Limeade, Island Indigo, Pool Party, Whisper White, Everyday Enchantment dp (SAB)
Punches: Modern Label, Scallop Oval
Big Shot: Butterflies Embosslits die
Embellishments: Basic Pearls, Neutrals Buttons

7 comments:

  1. i love the butterfly!! Great job with the sketch this week!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great card! I love the butterfly, it does add nice balance!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love the color combo here! What a great way to take traditional baby colors and put them in a not-so-traditional baby layout! Glad to have you back blogging!

    ReplyDelete
  4. So very pretty! i love this big flower!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, how I miss this stamp set. You've done a beautiful job with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Michelle -- this is just beautiful. Great job with this week's sketch. Thanks for playing along at Stamping 411! Blessings, Gretchen

    ReplyDelete