Monday, January 30, 2012

Mojo Monday 226

Did you ever have one of those days when you're super excited about a few of your projects...you're on a roll....and then you create something that's not "up to par?"  Well today was one of those days.  I absolutely LOVED the way my previous card turned out.  I was pumped to get moving on the Mojo Monday sketch.


 I needed a birthday card for my brother so I thought this was a great time to get going on it.  And there's the problem....making a card for a guy.  I always want to balance my cards out with ribbons or rhinestones or glitter or something!  But on a guy card?  I couldn't do that.  I knew I'd use the square sketch, that was easy.  But what to do after that....well, after much deliberation, this is what I came up with:


To be honest, I'm not thrilled with it.  I almost didn't post it.  But that's the beauty of creating a guy card....chances are, they aren't going to care what it looks like anyway, so I'm posting it and I'm giving it to him.

And here's what I used:
Stamps: Cheers to You (retired)
Ink: Early Espresso, Daffodil Delight, white gel pen
Paper: Early Espresso, River Rock, Well Worn dp, Not Quite Navy
Techniques: crimper, linen cord

Thanks for looking and I promise something a little bit more "up to par" next time :)

4 comments:

  1. What a great card for a guy! Nicely done!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You underestimate yourself. This is perfect for your brother...That well worn paper is manly DSP and then ther's the beer. Seriously!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hear you on the boy cards! They are the tough ones! I myself have a hard time with them, but I like this one :)

    ReplyDelete